Tuesday, December 12, 2006

2006 The Struggle part 2


close up of 2006 The Struggle Oil on Canvas. 6" X 8". 12" X 16" overall.

Spirit tormented and broken my soul rages with desire to break free with the truth.

As I see it, the turmoil in this world is related to the unrest in our collective Spirit. The current and past religious tensions are just one outward manifestation of this unbalance as is War. My paintings however, are often not understood or misunderstood. As with many artists of the past, I know well that it may be well beyond my lifetime before people are in the mental and spiritual state required to comprehend my work.

But that is irrelevant, I paint because I must paint. I paint what I must because the work needs to be brought into this world. So that it exists here and is ready for the time when others can understand and enjoy it.

No comments: