Friday, January 19, 2007

Come Back Kitty


Come Back Kitty Digital Art from composited photographic images.

I use images of glass block that I have shot over the years. Photographic images which I scan and digitally enhance to clean up pin cushioning and other unwanted distortions. Then using other source images from photographs to drawings and paintings. Mostly images of my own creation but I also use historically important images at times. The more iconic images help to convey the message to a larger audience as to what is going on. The distortion of the visual reality created by the glass block is a metaphor. A metaphor for what I see happens to a culture when collectively either actively or passively the truth is distorted. And yet we still trudge on like everything is just fine.

The visual beauty of the art juxtaposed to the terriible gut wrenching truth that the metaphorical meaning embodies. Thus, through Art we can see the lie that reveals the truth.

No comments: