Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sylvana


Sylvana Digital Art.

Inspired by Carl Maria Von Weber's Sylvana Overture

Glass Block. I will try more with this visual metaphor again as I did before many years ago. I shall use it (the glass block wall) as a metaphor for the veil. The veil that blinds us. The veil that deceives us. The veil that conceals the truth. I will paint it all for you. I will paint for you beauty. And I will paint for you the horror. I will paint for you all I see though my walls of glass. And we shall see if anyone shall take note enough to see. To see what lies beyond...

This construct is an important part of my personal lexicon. One of many constructs that I just can't get away from. These Glass Blocks and their ensuing distortion of reality represent to me the very crux of personal perception and artistic expression. As they take the world just on the other side and make it into a celebration, a dance of light, color and form. A real example to the world just how I as an artist desire to influence, interpret and effect the world around me. As an artist I also see the world as an amazing myriad of light, color and form all moving in creation as a beautiful dance. As the grid binds it also creates flow, rhythms and patterned movement. This is the duality and the underlying truth in the chaos and systemic structure of our world. Our reality bent in light. That's the way I see it.

While at the same time creates it's beautiful abstract rhythms of light and color. The ability of the materials to abstract the world just on the other side leaving the viewer to note, enjoy, ignore or be inspired by. I choose to be inspired by them.


"He who does not see more vividly and clearly than this perishing mortal eye can see, does not see creatively at all." William Blake

"Art is the lie that tells the truth." Pablo Picasso

"A work of Art is a small fragment from the eternal stream of the Creative Spirit which springs forth into existence through the persistence and focused thought of the Artist." "It's the lie that unveils the truth, makes it more clear, and gives truth it's substance. Robert James Kelly

No comments: