Sunday, January 28, 2007

Glass Block 12 Nite with Bob


Glass Block 12 Nite with Bob Digital Art.

In this series I have chosen to utilize historical, pop or other recognizable images whether they be found or created. I do this to better connect with my audience. Using these icons as visual clues and references. Allowing me to further investigate and experiment with how our minds work. And how they reinforce our sense of reality and history, along with our need to belong. As it relates to social order and individual purpose.

Glass Block. I will use this visual metaphor again as I did over twenty years ago, but with a clearer purpose. I shall use the glass block wall as a visual metaphor for the veil of lies. Blinding each of us in our own regionalism and nationalism to the greater universal truths. The collectively agreed upon lies that bind our ideas about what is real and form our individual construct of how that reality is shaped.

The veil that blinds us. The veil that deceives us. The veil that conceals the truth. I will paint it all for you. I will paint for you beauty... I will paint for you the horrors of this world... I will paint for you all I see though my walls of glass. And we shall see if anyone shall take note or time enough to notice, "to see what lies beyond"... And in doing so, see the lie that reveals the truth.

This image was created by using a photographic image of one of my oil paintings and a composited image of glass block. Creating a while new piece inspired by an earlier piece and time, some twenty five years ago. A comment on the human condition and our bizarre world as I see it with all it's delights and perversions. rjk

No comments: