Friday, January 26, 2007

Glass Block 12 L'Estaque


Glass Block 12 L'Estaque Digital Art.

Not unlike many of my predecessors, from Braque to Warhol, I will use whatever images necessary to create my digital expressions.

In this series I have chosen to utilize historical, pop or other recognizable images whether they be found or created. I do this to better connect with my audience. Using these icons as visual clues and references. Allowing me to further investigate and experiment with how our minds work. And how they reinforce our sense of reality and history, along with our need to belong. As it relates to social order and individual purpose.

Here I find great delight in being able to create socially and relevant statements. All using photographic images using original art & photographs to create cultural statements... sometimes pop. Using these icons as base subject matter to express artistically the current state of my our world.

Once upon a time, a very long time ago... I did a painting, a study of Cezanne's L'Estaque. This image was created by using a photographic image of my oil study and a composited image of glass block. Creating a while new piece inspired by earlier piece and time, some thirty years ago.

No comments: